Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Interview with AN21




Since their domination at WMC the Size Records team seems to be everywhere. AN21 has been popping up around the world spinning next to his older brother Steve Angello. They were even here in Boston a couple weeks ago, where one of my friends sent me pics of a packed house over at Rumor.

AN21 is pumping out songs left and right and seems to have a lot more to come. Take a look at the interview below. Enjoy!


1. How old are you?
I´m 20 years old, So my name 'AN21' is NOT about my age. But thats for a different question :)

2. Where are you from?
Born & Raised in Stockholm, Sweden

3. Where do you live now?
I´m still in Stockholm but planning on moving to Los Angeles in one or two years.

4. When did you start Producing?
I´ve always been working more or less with music but it became more serious when I was 16 because I started to get gigs back then.

5. When did you start DJing?
15-16.

6. What is your latest single?
A remix of: Jus Jack - That Sound

7. What is your favorite single you have released?
I gotta say my first one with Steve Angello 'FLONKO'. It was something very different and opened up a lot of doors for me.

8. CD's or Digital?
CD´s for sure! I missed the whole vinyl generation!

9. Software or Hardware?
A mix between both :))

10. What is your favorite VST?
None, I use pretty much everything but logics own synths are really good!

11. Favorite club to spin at?
Pacha Ibiza & Cocoon Frankfurt

12. When did you decide Djing and Producing were what you wanted to do?
When I was 16 and got my first real gig, After that I dropped a lot in my life to focus 100% on my music.

13. What types of music did you listen to when you were growing up?
EVERYTHING! hip hop, rnb, pop, trance, house, techno. even soul :)

14. What projects are you working on now?
Lots of remixes for Gorillaz, Erick Morillo & Eddie Thoneick, Switchfoot and a lot of new original singles.

15. Where will we see you next?
Only time will tell!

16. When can we expect your next release?
Couple of weeks.

17. Have you ever been to Boston MA?
Yeah was there a couple of weeks ago & played at Royale

18. Where do you see House Music and the EDM scene going in the next 5 years?
Ohhh my, The growing process has already began and its becoming more and more mainstream on different levels. So the future is looking good for us!!

19. What would you say to aspiring producers around the world?
Work hard & harder and don´t give up. Sounds like a cliché but its true!

1 comment: